Proposed changes to the CLiki site content should be kept somewhere else - right now the debate is centered on the Uncategorized page
- Page name synonyms: give the same page more than 1 title (for plurals, acronym expansions, etc)
- Review behaviour with page caching to minimise need to click `reload' after edits, but preferably without sending uncachable documents every time
- "Link guessing" - do multiple searches on the words in a document when it's edited, to suggest possible links to the user
- Anon rsync configuration for remote sites to collect the content tarchive in bandwidth-friendly fashion. This would be more likely if any remote site expressed an interest in so doing
- Recent Changes page to take a 'time since' parameter, e.g. http://www.cliki.net/recent-changes.sexp?3276683207 to get anything that's been added since now.
- Character encoding surprises, e.g. there is both HEΛP and HEΛP, and the first page can't be deleted without deleting the other page.
- Having separate cookies for both cliki.net and www.cliki.net is a source of confusion at times. And often the sessions get cleared out before the cookies themselves expire (maybe because of the server restarting).
Things that got done
- ☑ Anti-spam measures. This comp.lang.lisp thread has some discussion. Almost certainly an automated scheme will be needed.
- ☑ Password-protected accounts. Using an account to make changes could be optional, but reporting who made a change should happen only with a protected account. Spammers are now signing with my name (David Owen).
- ☑ Enhance versioning to display diffs to/from other versions
- ☑ How about a preview button on the "edit" page. -- Peter
- ☑ Convenient way of adding a link to an entry in the Hyperspec glossary.
- ☑ When displaying times e.g., on the "Recent Changes" pages, also display a time zone. FWIW, all times should be UTC
- ☑ Add support for code syntax highlighting. Maybe it can be borrowed from bknr or from lisppaste? -- 2004-07-28 Ivan Toshkov
- ☑ A way to find CLiki links to a certain page: when deleting a page, I would like to see how many links point to it.--Roland Kaufmann
- ☑ A way to find all topic markers, i.e. strings used in a /(topic) search.--Roland Kaufmann
Things that aren't planned to get done
- An easier list/header/formatting system than html, like e.g MoinMoin has. I think HTML is ok. Andrey and I tried Markdown when writing CLiki2. It didn't cover all use cases and there were a lot of problems. --Vladimir Sedach
- Automatic link checker to annotate external links when they go 404. There are a lot of third-party link validation tools. Checking links on every page load is too slow. Batch-checking them means false positives for whoever has to check the logs. And the important thing is you still need to decide what to do about the broken links (find a working one, archive.org, declare software dead, etc.). --Vladimir Sedach
- InterWiki links. I can't figure out from that page what InterWiki links are or why anyone wants them. --Vladimir Sedach
- Email integration: (a) Edit-by-email service, (b) notification when page changes. Edit-by-email is an interesting project; I'm not sure how much precedent there is. Email notifications can be obtained by connecting the ATOM change feeds to a feed-to-email gateway. --Vladimir Sedach