YstokSQL is maintained by Dmitri Ivanov.
YstokSQL is based on the following open-source implementations:
- SQL/ODBC module by Paul Meurer,
- MaiSQL package by Pierre R. Mai.
Later, YstokSQL additionally borrowed some code from:
YstokSQL was tested on LispWorks 4.3-4.4 for Windows against the following DBMSs and ODBC drivers:
- MS Access (Jet 3.5 and 4.0),
- Oracle 8.1.7 and 10.1 (InstantClient 10.1 and 10.2),
- PostgreSQL 8.1 driver 08.02.0103 (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/psqlodbc/),
- SQLite3 driver 0.71 by Christian Werner (http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/),
- MS SQL Server.
- Extended bracket syntax.
- Embedded local-time library.
- ODBC 3.5 compliance: UNICODE UCS-2, including SQLConnectW and SQL_W... data types, SQL_NUMERIC and SQL_BIGINT.
- Prepared execution support.
- Catalog functions.
- Prefetching via block cursors (more than one row at once).
- Various cursor operations via SQLSetPos and SQLBulkOperations.
- ODBC Installer support.
- Object-oriented interface in its simplest.
- The desktop-mixin class covering several Jet database subclasses: access-database, excel-database, etc.
- Coalescing SQL references to save space.
- sql-case-exp covering three operators CASE, COND and COALESCE
(analogous to ODBC IFNULL, Jet's Nz, Oracle's NV).
- SQL_NUMERIC and SQL_BIGINT types support.
- Regression test suite.
- Set operations UNION, INTERSECT, EXCEPT.
- Database creation, destroying, and listing functions.