- Babel2 - Babel2 is a collection of software created by a group of researchers primarily from the Free University of Brussels and Sony CSL Paris, which comprises:
- Basic-English-Grammar - Basic-English-Grammar is a lisp system for working with the English grammar data from the
- CL-ACE - CL-ACE is a set of bindings for various Attempto Tools, and is maintained by Joshua Taylor
- CL-EARLEY-PARSER - The Earley parser depends on a grammar description (currently in Backus-Naur form) and a lexicon (currently in a plist like form)
- cl-phonetic - [work in progress] A phonetic pattern matching library for Common Lisp
- Epilog System and Episodic Logic - In contrast to Epilog Inference Package, the original Epilog system was created by Schubert, Hwang and Schaeffer for Knowledge Representation in Natural Language Processing, and is documented at the University of Rochester's Web.
- langutils - langutils is a Common Lisp Natural Language Processing library which provides a set of functions related to the structured analysis and processing of open English text, written by Ian Eslick and now maintained by Kevin Raison and based in part on Python code from Hugo Liu.
- lassie - Natural Language Processing library for Latent Semantic Indexing
- Soundex - The Soundex algorithm indexes words by their sound when pronounced in English, for example to account for differences in spelling
- Tagger - The Tagger project is a revival of the Xerox Part-of-Speech (POS) Tagger program released somewhere in 1993
Natural Language Processing
Natural Language Processing is a subcategory of AI, consisting of a set of algorithms, theories and techniques used to process natural language (that spoken by humans) on computers.