TRIVIAL-LDAP has been updated to use usocket (instead of trivial-socket) and now provides facilities for SSL LDAP connections. The following omissions exist:
UTF-8 is not implemented
the SASL authentication method is not implemented
- controls are not implemented
- extended DN searches are not implemented
- referrals are not followed (searches returning referrals will simply no-op following the referrals).
- extended request/response is not implemented, beyond handling a notice of disconnection.
In 2011, Raymond Wiker took over maintenance of trivial-ldap. Since then, the following changes have been made:
- Added utf-8 support.
- Added rudimentary handling of binary attributes.
- Rewrote the parser, using cl-yacc.
- As a side effect of the parser rewrite, it is now possible to also specify ldap filters in a list form.
- Added mechanism for result paging; this makes it possible to handle very large result sets.
- SASL/GSS has been added (courtesy of Elias Mårtenson).
That said, search, add, delete, modify, moddn, compare, and bind operations are supported. Full details and documentation are available at https://github.com/rwiker/trivial-ldap/
trivial-ldap is originally by kevin montuori. The current maintainer is Raymond Wiker.