- cc-bnc means: compare and contrast with BNCweb
- is aimed at learners of English interested in optimizing their vocabulary studies.
- runs fine on the author's machine, but is considered to be alpha software
- is a mini web app using the hunchentoot web framework
- accepts a URI, parses it through html2text, then lists for each word found at URI the corresponding frequency in the British National Corpus (BNC XML).
- software-wise interacts with your local copy of BNCweb (open source, version 4.2, available from the authors), which in turn depends on the data files of the BNC XML Edition (see their page for prices).
- is tested on SBCL and Linux only.
cc-bnc is an application intended for learners of the English language wanting to optimize their vocabulary studies.