- Quicklisp is a library installer and repository that features a huge number of Free Software and other open source CL libraries. It is the de-facto standard way of obtaining libraries.
- obsoleted, historical note: ASDF-Install was around before Quicklisp came along.
- obsoleted, historical note: Lispy aimed to do what Quicklisp did, but never became popular.
- obsoleted, historical note: LibCL aims to be a single-install bundle of libraries.
Scripts to install libraries from version control repositories
- clbuild, a shell script helping with the download, compilation, and invocation of Common Lisp applications.
- slurp (SBCL only)
Linux package managers