TRIVIAL-LDAP has been updated to use usocket (instead of trivial-socket) and now provides facilities for SSL LDAP connections. The following omissions exist:
UTF-8 is not implemented
- the SASL authentication method is not implemented
- controls are not implemented
- extended DN searches are not implemented
- referrals are not followed (searches returning referrals will simply no-op following the referrals).
- extended request/response is not implemented, beyond handling a notice of disconnection.
In 2011, Raymond Wiker took over maintenance of trivial-ldap. Since then, the following changes have been made:
- Added utf-8 support.
- Added rudimentary handling of binary attributes.
- Rewrote the parser, using cl-yacc.
- As a side effect of the parser rewrite, it is now possible to also specify ldap filters in a list form.
- Added mechanism for result paging; this makes it possible to handle very large result sets.
That said, search, add, delete, modify, moddn, compare, and bind operations are supported. Full details and documentation are available at https://github.com/rwiker/trivial-ldap/