Influences on his real education are (in no apparent order):
- An old programmer recruiting him to help out at the local university computer center near his hometown at the age of 14.
- An old Tibetan monk inviting him to stay in a monastery in Tibet at the age of 21.
- The book "Illuminatus" at the age of 23.
- Aleister Crowley with his writings on meditation and yoga at the age of 23.
- Prof. Otto E. Roessler and his lectures on endophysics. Thank you Otto!
- K. Eric Drexler and his book "Engines of Creation".
- And of course the experiences he made backpacking through the world.
I was introduced to Lisp while reading "GÃ¶del, Escher, Bach" by Douglas R. Hofstadter at age 14.